A dental implant can be a scary procedure for many. It is natural for you to worry about the side effects before undergoing individual tooth implants in Flowood. If you’re planning to get dental implants, it’s smart to know the benefits and risks.
In this piece, we are solely going to focus on the risks. Before we start, know that these risks are infrequent!
Temporary Side Effects Of Dental Implants
These side effects may pop up immediately, but they clear away pretty soon as you heal.
· There can be minor bleeding for up to 24 hours.
· You may experience swollen gums that might last for 48 hours.
· Discomfort and pain will last no more than 12-14 days.
· Bruised gums and skin, which will heal quickly
Complications Of Dental Implant
Though they pop up rarely, these are some of the common side effects of a dental implant.
· Dental implants can trigger sinus symptoms.
· Infection in the area of dental implant
· Tingling in cheeks, gums, lips, and pain due to nerve damage
· Damage or injury to blood vessels, teeth, or gums
Dental Implant Failure
The worst outcome of your dental implant surgery can be a failure. In some situations, you can try again in a couple of months. The more you share your medical history with your dentist, the higher the chances of dental implant success.
Below are the two situations that cause dental implants to fail.
· Implant fracture
· The bone is unable to fuse with the implant
The Silver Lining
The good news is dental implants have a massive 95 to 98 percent of success rate. Make sure you contact your dentist as soon as you experience any of these side effects. Thankfully, most of the side effects are not permanent.